Tech Tuesday

Finds and Thoughts about Tech Integration

Google+ Communities: A Great Way to Connect with Educators

February14

I was looking for more information about using Google Hangouts in the classroom, and during my search I came across some great education Google+ Communities.

First of all, what is Google+?

Think facebook which most of us have some familiarity, I’m sure… most likely personal. Google+ is an online community where you can share and interact with people through posts and comments.

Communities in Google+ are groups formed around a particular topic of interest. All you have to do is click on Communities when you are in Google+, and you will see lots of recommendations. When you find a Community that you like, simply click on the Join button. You then will be able to participate fully in posting and commenting.

So why should you join a Google+ Community?

First, it’s a wonderful way to exchange ideas with other educators as well as ask questions about tools & services. Furthermore, the Communities are a great place to make connections and collaborate with teachers and students around the world on projects!

Here are three Communities that I have joined so far:

Google for Education – They are talking G Suite here!

Google Classroom – Share and learn about Classroom. Ask questions, get answers and be inspired by how others are using  service.

Connected Classrooms Workshop – Looking to Hangout with other classrooms? This is the community to find them!

I’m hoping to start a Google+ Community for Westford teachers. Would you be willing to join?

4 Comments to

“Google+ Communities: A Great Way to Connect with Educators”

1. February 14th, 2017 at 2:18 pm       Karla S Pentedemos Says:

If you are unsure, go for it! We did a mystery hangout today with a class from Wisconsin. The students loved it and it was a great way to reinforce listening skills, communication skills, and geography skills.

2. February 14th, 2017 at 2:21 pm       lsanderson Says:

Yes, I agree! What a great experience today! Guess what my next blog post is going to be about?? Thanks for being a risk taker, Mrs. P. 🙂

3. February 14th, 2017 at 9:20 pm       STACEY MULHOLLAND Says:

I use Google+ for my BrainPop Educators group. Very helpful

4. February 15th, 2017 at 5:32 am       lsanderson Says:

That’s great, Stacey. I bet a lot of groups of all kinds of topics use the service since it’s so easy to connect and share. Do you know if it’s endorsed by BrainPOP?

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar