Tech Tuesday

Finds and Thoughts about Tech Integration

MyStudiyo

May25

I really like using Google Forms to make quizzes and surveys. It’s quick and easy (as I blogged about in an earlier post). However, there are no options to add media to your questions. Wouldn’t it be perfect to be able to have students watch a video clip built right into a quiz? Sort of like BrainPop except you make it yourself (and no Moby). Or how about having students use a picture embedded in a quiz to answer a question? So it’s been my quest to find an online, interactive quiz maker that can handle these features… what I found: MyStudiyo.

Here is a quiz I made at MyStudiyo. Please take a moment and test your knowledge about the continents (a typical U.S. primary/elementary school unit):

Here is what linked quiz looks like.

Making this quiz was almost painless. (I admit- I did refer to the FAQ a few times.) I had to sign up for a free account. Then, the site walked me through the steps and allowed me to preview along the way. For the perfectionists 🙂 there are different designs to make things aesthetically pleasing. I really like that you are able to tailor feedback and responses in the quiz. As you saw, I made a multiple choice quiz, and there is the option to make a more open ended quiz called an “How X Are You?” However, I was a little disappointed with the size of the graphics when the quiz runs. The small size does makes it challenging for a student to use, for example, a map to answer a question. As far as collecting data on a particular student’s performance, the site does collect statistics the number of people who have taken your quiz, what questions have been answered correctly and incorrectly; however, unless someone is a registered user or submits their name, there is no identifier. I also question privacy and the ability to turn off the other quizzes and ads that appear at the end. I think further exploration or suggestion from users of MyStudiyo are needed. Anyway, I’m tossing this out there as a possible tool for those who are looking to create interactive quizzes.

As always, your comments are welcome!

by posted under Assessment, Workshop | 1 Comment »    
One Comment to

“MyStudiyo”

1. May 25th, 2010 at 12:26 pm       Patti Says:

Lisa,
    MyStudiyo is a quick and easy way to make interactive quizzes. I like that video, pictures and comments can be added to the quizzes. Thank you for sharing this tool. Also, thanks for all the information you have shared during Tech Tuesdays. I have enjoyed your classes and will definitely be able to apply what I have learned.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention MyStudiyo | Tech Tuesday -- Topsy.com

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Next F2F Session:

TBA
Flag Counter

Subscribe By Email

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Skip to toolbar