Tech Tuesday

Finds and Thoughts about Tech Integration

VoiceThread Follow Up

November2

Last week, I attended the MassCUE Conference where I had the honor of being a presenter on both days. One of my presentations was a sharing of our MassCUE Initiative 2010 Grant. As nerve wracking as it is to prepare and give a presentation, I always find them to be such a wonderful way to reflect on what I’ve learned when it comes to the integration of technology. When you write up a grant, you’re never really sure how your bright ideas are going to work out. I even wrote about VoiceThread in an earlier post, outlining some tips and an explanation of the project that we were undertaking.  I’d like to take this opportunity to share the results of our VoiceThread project via SlideShare (embedded below). You will see that we set up a classroom blog that served as the backbone for the project, giving the students easy access and so many opportunities to communicate their learning. As always, your thoughts are welcome!

Note: The example links on slide 21 do not seem to be working in SlideShare.
I have linked them below.
3 Comments to

“VoiceThread Follow Up”

1. November 2nd, 2010 at 2:53 pm       ktenkely Says:

So neat Lisa! Great presentation and work with students.

2. April 11th, 2011 at 9:01 pm       Lorna Russell Says:

Wow Lisa! I am most impressed with your project and the fine work you and your students created. Well done!
    I have just begun to use Voicethread. I created a slide for a persuasive writing task -asking each student to comment. It was quite successful! I tried to duplicate the slide for another class, (I am a 1:1 Netbook Coach so i work with 10 classes), but i found I had inadvertently replaced the students’ names with the new class. In the end I had to create 50 identities which appeared on both classes’ Voicethread.
    Do you have any advice on how to create separate Voicethread?
    Is there a ‘help’ page you can recommend?
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work. You are an inspiration.
    PS I teach in Melbourne, Australia. 🙂

3. April 12th, 2011 at 9:31 am       lsanderson Says:

Lorna,
    Thanks for the comment! You’re too kind. VoiceThread is a great tool. We have used both the free accounts/identities and the educator subscription. (The educator subscription is $60 per year.) The advantage of the subscription is that every child has a unique log-in. Identities are tied to one account, so if that one account is logged in, all of the identities from that account can comment and are “owners”. Having their own log-ins avoids this situation. Another thought is to create a bunch of Gmail accounts and set up free accounts in VoiceThread without identities. VoiceThread has some good resources. Go here to read more.
    🙂 Lisa

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar