Tech Tuesday

Finds and Thoughts about Tech Integration

Team Drives – What’s That?

November28

If you’ve been busy with the start of the school year, you may have missed Team Drives appearing in your Google Drive. Now, that things have settled down, it seems like a good time to stop and take a look at this new option in Google Drive.

First, what is a Team Drive?

Essentially, it’s a place to share and collaborate with a specific group.

Isn’t that Google Drive already?

Yes, but Team Drive has membership… and that has its privileges… or advantages!

When you create a Team Drive, you add members and give members specific permissions for everything that is put into that Team Drive. Everyone can have full access since there isn’t a single owner which, as some us have encountered, gets a bit sticky if someone leaves a job position and is the keeper of specific folders and Docs, etc.

That’s a pro.

However, a con is that you can’t share a public view only link to items within the Team Drive.

I found this great resource being compiled by Steve Wick (@WickedEdTech) and Melissa Wilson (@MrsWilsonNV) that breaks down Team Drive options.

Team Drive seems like a great collaborative space, but I think other elements are necessary for collaboration… such as a community feel and interface.

I have this idea of combining Google+, Google Classroom and Team Drive to round everything out… that’s coming up in my next post. Stay tuned.

by posted under Resource | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“Team Drives – What’s That?”

1. November 28th, 2017 at 9:32 am       Kathe Paquette Says:

Thank you Lisa!

2. November 28th, 2017 at 9:53 am       lsanderson Says:

You’re welcome! Team Drives seems perfect for Departments?

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar