Tech Tuesday

Finds and Thoughts about Tech Integration

Long time, No Write

December2

So it appears that my blog has become a bit dusty…

What can I say? It’s been a very busy fall. Lots of new: Chromebooks, going totally mobile, Genius Hour, Google Apps For Education, Google Classroom, grant writing, a new keyboarding program, to name a few.

Last night, I saw a video that actually made me pause from all of the controlled chaos: “This Will Revolutionize Education“. If you haven’t seen it, it’s worth the 7 minutes.

It reaffirmed that all of the craziness of this fall is heading us in the right direction: Students need to take risks and reflect on their learning to make meaning. Students also need to collaborate and problem solve together.

Yes, there are many tools that can assist with these tasks. I continuously write/endorse/recommend/encourage tool use (as many other tech specialists do). However, we need to remember that it’s not really about these tools; it should be all about what we want students to achieve.

And how do we get them there?

I’m a week late, but I’m thankful for the caring teachers in my school who guide, coach and serve as role models on a daily basis, on this journey.

by posted under Thoughts | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“Long time, No Write”

1. December 3rd, 2014 at 7:47 am       Ruth Freeman Says:

Wow! Lisa this was a phenomenal video clip and really got to the heart of the passion connected to learning vs. the vehicle. As someone interested in metacognition it truly spoke to me. Thank you for sharing.

2. December 3rd, 2014 at 8:29 am       lsanderson Says:

Passion = Great word, Ruth! Definitely nails it!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar